The Fish will follow the cursor and if you click you drop food for them, If all you see is a white box then it's not working for you =[
I probably use the cross out tool way more than I should in my writings....

I know

I know

Thursday 26 June 2014

The Comic Artist And His Assistants (Mangaka-san to Assistant-san) Thoughts in retrospect

Well it's been a pretty unpleasant exam period but hey that's over now so back to doing things I enjoy!
So now that the Spring Season 2014 is in it's closing stages the next posts will be about those ones mainly.
So to start off with we have Mangaka-san to Assistant-san.

So the main character is a manga artist it's about the life of him and his (3) assistants and editor. He is devoted to his work and many times stays up for multiple nights to finish his manuscripts, that being said I'd say hes also equally devoted to women's pants. Yeah he's one of those characters, but that aside I still quite liked this anime cause of it's humor and how he gets shot down by everyone..... all the time
Constantly.

As far as the "story" goes there is no main over arching plot as each episode is split into around 3 scenes (similar to GJ BU!) that are centered around slice of that days events ends with a (mainly exasperated) quote from one of the characters and is a nice way of closing each one.
The characters are enjoyable if slightly generic but all have interesting developments or history flashbacks apart from her....


Don't get me wrong shes a nice enough copy pasted moe blob but I don't recall any development of her at all apart from a bunny outfit which I wouldn't really call plot development, though I guess it's "plot" development. I honestly think a frilly fluffy animal could have taken her place and it wouldn't make a big difference to the series.


To recover from that (slight) tangent this is about Aito the main character. While watching this show I found his extent of being a pervert both funny and harmless but at the same time rather eye brow raising, there are a few times when even I was slightly WTF. *Cough* elevator scene *Cough*
Still those things aside I still find him both funny and an appropriate main character for this series as someone more normal would probably be either boring or so cliche harem it could be on par with Shuffle.
Still there's a TSUNnami of characters lot of characters in this series who are tsundere though shown in different ways.

Like this one...




Or this one....







A wave of them

Or her (kinda)




With episodes only 15 minutes long this has been a nice watch if you don't have lots of time to spare as they are short and you can jump back into the world whenever as there's nothing of note going on, just a dose of situational comedy and cute things. I was sort of surprised with the character that got the most story development nearer the end but found it quite fitting as normally the first girl in a series gets all the romance driven plot but it was fairly appropriate for her not too.
But hey, it's funny short and was one of the releases I was always happy to see having been subbed, I've really enjoyed it and who knows you might too!
Should you watch Mangaka-san to Assistant-san?
Yes totally, unless all the shouting about panties makes you think wtf is this guy doing then I guess not.
Okay the tsunnami pun was bad

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.
Russ


**TL NOTE**(Tsun meaning cold personality type) (nami meaning wave) (Tsunami is a large harbor wave) so TSUNnami meaning wave of cold characters



No comments:

Post a Comment